• Register

Import/Export expertise

Your reliable partner

Administration assistance

You want to know everything will be okay when you purchase a vehicle on the internet. Which is why ADESA publish detailed descriptions of every vehicle on our site. And it’s why you have access to customer service representatives. They speak plenty of different languages, have information on how to bid and arrange transport services. But where does this leave the paperwork? You need to complete certain documents for the transfer of ownership, the pickup, the transport and the export of a vehicle. Does it sound like a headache? We’ll make sure it isn’t. We help and assist you at every step of the process.

You have an overview of all your purchases and the associated paperwork in your My account account. It all works in a very straightforward manner. Win an auction? Confirm the vehicle. You’ll then receive an order form that lets you pay for it. Your invoice is available after that. When your vehicle is ready for collection, you’ll be sent the vitally important Pickup Authorisation form (PuA). On request we will also provide the CoD. Click here to read the full pickup procedure.

You’ll find a complete history of all your purchased vehicles and all the related documents in your My account account.

Import/Export experts

ADESA has been selling vehicles internationally for more than ten years. You can rely on us for encyclopaedic knowledge of the documents you need to import a vehicle. They differ depending on where you are. Additional fees are charged to cover the cost of obtaining these documents.

1)   Importing from an EU country into a non EU country

a.   EX document
You need an EX document to export a vehicle outside the EU. You can choose to order an EX document with a third party or ADESA can provide you this document for all vehicles which are physically located in Belgium or the Netherlands for a fee of €100.

Please note: Dutch vehicles are not shown in auctions for non-EU customers due to local tax restrictions.

b.   EUR.1 (optional)
On your request, we should be able to provide an EUR.1 for the selected makes and origins mentioned below even though the EUR.1 is not a mandatory document for export from an EU to a non EU country.

Make Model Country of origin Available within ...


All except for: Berlingo, C4 Aircross, C-crosser, Nemo

All EU countries

1 week


All except for: 4008, Bipper, Boxer, Partner

All EU countries

1 week

Please note: The EUR.1 certificate costs €50. If it is not available, you are not entitled to compensation or allowed to cancel your purchase (even if it is for a model mentioned in the above table). It is not an obligatory certificate. Also note that it’s not possible to obtain a certificate of origin if the car is more than eight years old.

2)   Importing from a non-EU country into an EU country






Vehicles from EU are exported to a country outside the EU
(example: Belgian car is exported to Serbia)

EX: € 100

You can choose to order an EX document with a third party or ADESA can provide you this document for all vehicles which are physically located in Belgium or the Netherlands.

EUR.1: € 50

Optional document, provided by ADESA if the make and model is mentioned in the table above.

To customers exporting to Ukraine: please note it is only possible to obtain the EUR.1 document for vehicles with a first registration date of 1st of January 2018 or later.


Vehicles from EU are sold to another EU country
(example: Belgian car is sold to Romania)

No fee

No export documents required.

1 week

1 wee


Do you have any questions? We are here to help. Don’t hesitate to contact us.

Your advantages

Free registration
Exclusively for car traders
Register Now!